Friday, December 19, 2008

Freelance Writer's Guide: You Need Focus when You Write

As a freelance writer over the web, we are paid to make articles on various topics. Good if we are familiar with the subjects we are writing about. If not, you will need to do some researching.

Writing will not always come naturally. At times, you may even feel you can't get a word out from your brain. This happens -- even to the more experienced writers.

You will need to focus on what you are doing. Concentrate on your task at hand. Sometimes, it just a matter of mindset.

Some call it writer's block -- others don't agree that there is such a thing. I don't know what to believe =) But I admit that there are times I seem not able to write -- whether that is writer's block or if it is just that I lack the will to write during that time, I am not sure.

So what do I do when this happens? I usually walk around, look outside my house, listen to good music, watch some t.v., or sleep -- with the last one being my favorite. But if the deadline is really near, I only have a small amount of time to get back on track, and start writing, no matter what.

On the most part, I would say, it is all in the mind (I just realized this now, hehe). Studies show that our minds are powerful -- and that we are using only a small percentage of it. So I am thinking, perhaps I am not using my brain as efficiently as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment